Autumn is always a wonderful time to reflect.
It is one of my favourite times of the year. Not just from a photography standpoint but personally too. It makes me reflect on the year behind and helps me prepare for the year ahead.
I thought about creating a bucket list for the season but that seems a bit too cliche for me. The bucket list encourages a ‘wait for the perfect time’ attitude – which does not work for me as I have a slight fear of losing out on time; I believe my time on this earth is much too short to put it on a list of to do’s before the end of my life. I guess you could say then, I am more of a gal of action, not one to stand by and wait…
Ideas for Celebrating Autumn…
Right here, right now, in this season, I have come up with my own list of sorts…an Autumnal Wanderlust List. I think it has a much more romantic ring to it, don’t you? Allow me to share my Wanderlust List for Autumn with you!
1.Obviously, taking time to witness the gorgeous autumn shades and colours. Taking advantage of the slower wedding season to photograph for myself, macros of leaves and water droplets, to wander a little and to take in the colors of the season, enjoying the crisp air and walking through the leaves while they are here.
2. Fall Shopping: Buy a sweater to cozy up in…something soft, lovely and warm in autumnal colors.
Bringing it Inside
3. Bring the Autumn indoors: Woodsy candles, comforters, plaid scarves and creating a wreath of found fall leaves and dried florals for my mantle. See link to: Pinterest inspirations for Autumn decorating indoors.
4. Create a new crock-pot meal or a hearty soup that goes great with warm fresh bread. Follow it up with Autumn sugar cookies.
5. Create Fall potpourri with nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, cloves, pine cones, twigs, and dried flowers. While you are at it, how about a candle in Autumn Wreath, Spiced Pumpkin, Vanilla Bourbon or Harvest? “Yankee Candle” tends to be a prevalent staple in my home.
6. Get a special mug for autumn. Pumpkins or an inspirational quote are some ideas – sip apple cider from it.
7. A MUST is a cup of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte topped with sweetened whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices. Load the Starbucks App and you can buy a friend one just to let them know you are thinking about them, not to mention a free coffee on your b-day!
8. Visit a pumpkin patch and pick out a couple of perfect pumpkins for carving to take home with you.
9. Celebrate the warmth of the indoors, your lap covered by the perfect afghan and a cup of autumn tea on the side while you read your new book.
One Last Kick…
10. Take a warmer day and pack a picnic for you and your love and go for a country drive to breath in the last of the warmth before the snow flies. A perfect time to wear your new fall sweater!
These are just a few ways that I am planning and I am doing it soon! What are some of your ideas for celebrating Autumn?
Do share and let me know what you do to celebrate! Share your thoughts and I will pick one winner on Friday for a Pumpkin Spice Latte to be sent to your inbox!
Thanks Friend and hope this keeps you inspired!