Here are 10 reasons why we reject Vogue’s idea…
“It’s 2016 and your mama’s wedding is officially a thing of the past.
I’m the first to condone any ritual involving love, but some of the wedding traditions out there these days are practically voodoo.” writes Molly Guy of Vogue.
Thousands have responded to this article in protest, photographers and bridal couples alike and I have to say, I can’t blame them as Vogue goes on to write….
“Hiring a Professional Photographer – it made sense back in the olden days, pre–Facebook albums and Instagram hashtags, when the whole world didn’t have phones with cameras on them. Having the actual leather-bound album on your coffee table seemed like the only evidence that the whole thing actually took place. If social media is not your thing, why not scatter some disposable cameras around the party and let your drunken guests go to town? You’ll end up with hilarious and candid pictures without the pressure of “likes.””
Vogue, here are 10 reasons why we reject your idea and would hire a Wedding Photographer:
- A professional photographer will give me great results, not the results of fuzzy, poorly lit disposable cameras.
- A professional photographer will be committed to me.
- A professional photographer will give me high-caliber signature images I will be pleased to display.
- A professional photographer will deal with the important moments – dedicated to me, capturing the true emotion of me and my beloved throughout the day.
- A professional photographer will have back-ups for their back-ups – gear galore, not to mention, and a ‘fly-on-the wall’ perspective.
- A professional photographer will work the whole day to get me hundreds of images that I will be happy with. Guests with disposable cameras will likely get bored and wander off to enjoy themselves.
- A professional photographer is an artist and will create something unique just for me.
- A professional photographer will capture moments in time to create LASTING MEMORIES. As time goes on, our memories fade; I want something worthy to pass on through the generations!
- When the wedding is over do I really want to bring 50 disposable cameras into my local drug mart?
- I want to give my day what it deserves, never forget, ultimately (and my father taught me this concept when I was a child) you will get what you pay for!
By the way…I couldn’t help but notice the featured wedding photo in Vogue’s article was taken by a professional photographer.
Read the full article can be found at Vogue. We would love to hear what you think…do you have your own experiences, comments or thoughts?
Leave your comments below…